Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Was Wrong


OK, I had predicted a Rudy Giuliani victory in the GOP primary (not that I was favorable to such a thing in the first place). Happily I report: I was wrong.
The Commisar of Gotham has folded like a bad hand after the first deal. Thank you, Florida. I thank you. The nation thanks you. I'd say you made up for that 2000 Bush-Gore swinging chad debacle, and are once again deserving of our token respect.

Sadly, we are not out of the woods yet. As he exited the stage of stoogery, Rudy endorsed John McCain, expecting, I'm sure of it, a nice plum assignment in the hoped for McCain administration.
Rudy as Attorney General? Could happen.
And if that scenario doesn't scare the shit out you, nothing will.

8 comments:

BarnGoddess said...

Rudy as Attorney General? I shudder at the thought.....

please NO

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of Rudy as the Secretary of State myself...

Strolling Amok said...

Put Rudy in charge of the Dept of Homeland Security. He'd enjoy that, and as far as I can tell the DHS doesn't actually do anything so it would keep him out of mischief.

Mr. D said...

It would scare me if I thought that McCain had a snowball's chance in hell of ever being elected President of the United States. But he doesn't.

Anonymous said...

hey mark, would you be interested in this bridge I got for sale?

Mr. D said...

I live in Minnesota, Mick. I'm already paying for a hell of a lot of bridges already. But thanks for a no doubt heartfelt offer.

Anonymous said...

My pleasure

Anonymous said...

Rudy as Attorney General...

I still remember being homeless in New York during his reign. *Shudders*