Friday, September 21, 2007

The Beauty In My World

Last night I took Daughter southward to San Diego to see The Smashing Pumpkins. She's a big fan, and this was a birthday present for her. Driving a hundred miles for this show was a bit much, but what the hell? If it makes me her Hero again for a night, then it's worth it.

The show was good overall, but tended to lag in the middle. The Pumpkin's music is heavily studio created and impossible to recreate live, so I wasn't expecting the perfection of sound I've come to know them for. And I was right.
But the energy level was there, along with a well synchronised light show.
Daughter was thrilled.
I was the Hero.
And all is right in the world.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Smashing Pumpkins!

Anonymous said...

Damn you daughter has good taste in music. She single yet?

Gino said...

kris: me too. :)

mick: did you finish your doctorate yet?

Jade said...

Sounds like fun... I think the most my dad ever did for me music-related was not kill me when I came home from Pixies/Primus/Jane's Addiction at 2 a.m. on a school night. (I did go to school the next day... just sort of floated my way through)

Anonymous said...

:)

Gino said...

jade: music is one of the things my kids and i do together. i was never one of those "your dad is your friend" type dads.
it was the opposite. "your dad is NOT your friend", but that didnt mean we didnt have frivolous fun together as well.
i just glad, that at 19 and 21, they still think its ok to do cool things with me. she could have gone with her BF, but she wanted us to go together. :)

VLW said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with parents who know good music.

Jade said...

:) I bet having the same taste in music helps in that situation. My dad and I did used to enjoy going out for coffee together when he was teaching me how to drive... that was pretty cool.