Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Review: An American Carol


If you are an overly sensitive Obamacult liberal lacking a sense of humor, see An American Carol and get one. Every left-wing interest group gets the skewer, so if you are a neo-con this movie will provide you with affirmation.

Lots of gags. Some better than others.
Personally, as a whole, I didn't think it was all that good. It had some great moments, don't get me wrong. But moments do not make a movie.

It was kinda like they had all these good gags, and struggled for a way to string them together into a coherent whole. I guess I'll just say that it's a good Netflix caliber comedy that can't hold up on the silver screen.

4 comments:

whall said...

I can't wait to see it, but I've heard two reviews so far that said basically what you did.

so I will go in with low expectations and LOVE IT.

Jade said...

That's the nature of parodies these days... a few funny gags here and there poorly strung together. (They don't make 'em like Mel Brooks anymore)
But I will have to see this, because I love parodies and I love satire... and I'm the person in the audience who laughs when nobody else will.

RW said...

Anything - ANYTHING - that makes Michael Moore look like the true douchebag he is has GOT to be hilarious.

Kristopher said...

I thought the movie was funny, but no not a great movie. I did solidy my dislike for liberals that much more though.

Did you see Expelled by Ben Stein?