Saturday, January 13, 2007

Missing Links? Not Here.

From time to time, I like to visit other blogs and 'run through the roll' so to speak. Actually, I do this regularly.
Seems some bloggers really like to put up a big blog roll. I've visited some sites where there must be over 100 links, some more, of various blogs.
I come from the viewpoint that says "It's your blog, do what you want." But I wonder just how often these bloggers ever visit the links they've put up. On a lot of these heavily linking blogs, most of the links no longer exist, or nobody has posted on the blog in months. Whenever I visit one of these, it gets me wondering if they run their life this way. Is their world a mess of clutter and unfinished business? Have they got shit laying 'round the house just begging to be picked up and tossed?
Does the roll even mean anything to them, or is it just a fanciful decoration intended to impress?
Do they still have leftover turkey(jerky) from Thanksgiving in the fridge?
Are the Christmas decorations still out in July?
Do they send cards to people long dead, just because the address is still in the Rolodex?
Do they purge the coupon file?

To those treasured few who frequent here: My roll is active. All links do indeed link. I visit them myself most regularly. They, and the righteous souls behind them, are part of what I do here, and are the very reason this blog exists. Without a living community, I'm not much more than fool talking to myself.
They all matter. Each and every one.

If you've got the time, visit the diverse and varied folks who live on my rather small roll. I guarantee, there are no black holes, they're all infinitely smarter and better versed than I, and you might find another gem to add to your own travels.

You'll also get a better idea of what kind of company I'm not afraid to be associated with.

1 comment:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I appreciate that Gino. I've visited most of your blogroll now and will make sure to check out the others.