Monday, November 12, 2007

Loves Gays, Hates America


I've sat on this on for a few days now, just trying to figure what is/is not. Things just don't work this way in the real world of politics. I know, there is nothing real world in the real world of politics. But this strange bedding among stranger fellows actually is newsworthy.

Pat Robertson has endorsed Rudy Giuliani for president. Pat has built his entire political being around two key issues: abortion and gays. And he has stated on national television that the attacks of 9/11 were God's punishment on American society for it's tolerance of abortion and gay rights.

Rudy Giuliani has set himself apart from any GOP politician in recent memory for his unflinching support of abortions and gay rights.

Is Pat having a change of heart?
Does he now think abortion and gays are not so bad for America after all?
Or, has he decided America is no longer worth fighting for so may as well encourage to God rain down further punishment upon it?
Is it really about winning the War on Islam Terror, like he says?
Is it about beating Hillary?

As I've stated before, I was once active in political causes closely related to his. Rubbed elbows and worked very closely with those who actually listened to his word.(I,myself, never paid that much close attention to him,though) As a result, I think I know his mind, what drives him most, what he ultimately longs for.

I think I have the answer.
And the chattering class has so far missed it.

I'll wait to see what responses I receive, if any, from my minions readership before I tell it like is, from the Holy Gospel according to Me.

(And afterwards, you can all line up and tell me my words are guano.)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

aside from elements of the Moral Minority...who cares?

Anonymous said...

so after the rusted gears of my brain ground around a little more I realized that those kinds of people have lots of money...so yeah...I'm going to bed now

VLW said...

He's just too much if a wuss to vote 3rd party. I voted for a Constitution party candidate in a previous non-presidential election, not because I thought he'd win, but because he was the best guy for the job. Pat is a power hog, he just wants to kiss the ass of whomever ia most likely to win.

Bike Bubba said...

Boy, I hate to speak ill of a person I don't even know, but I have to guess that 'ol Pat loves the camera and getting press, whether it's good or bad.

I dearly want to say that the Gospel animates him, but there are times when I just can't reconcile that idea with the fact that he's made a lot of outlandish prophecies that haven't come true. How does one love the Word and do this?

Guitarman said...

Does quacko or false teacher sound like an appropriate name for this guy? How stupid can he be. If Gulliani (and I don't think he will) gets the republican nonimnation for president then Hillary will win with 35% of the popular vote. Yes he (Rudi) will divide the party exactly in half! Too bad for America!

Jade said...

Hm...
From what they said in the news, Robertson says he is focusing on the terrorist threat and not the social issues... but Gulliani has promised to appoint conservative judges, which is really where issues like abortion and gay rights are going to be decided. Perhaps Robertson believes he can have influence over the decisions of which judges are appointed later, regardless of how Gulliani personally feels about those issues.

Brian said...

Ooo! Ohhh! I want to play!

Pat has realized that:

1) In 2007, most people are really pretty OK with "the gays";

2) If abortion was ever actually outlawed, the GOP would no longer have its most reliable voter base (this is also why the Democrats don't seriously give a shit about black people); and most importantly...

3) He (Robertson) hasn't really been in the news much lately.

RW said...

Oh well, nevermind Rudy then.

Gino said...

RW:yeah, like you were really gonna vote for him. ;)

brian: come on... you can do better than that.

jade: thats what pat said, but i dont believe it. the first rule of politicians: lie your ass off.

bikebubba: but he talks to God,right?

vas: ass kisser? that was my first thought.

mick: he has a following,still. but smaller than it was.
but many of his 'church boss' freinds are opposing him on this.


i'm putting my answer together. hopefully, it'll make sense to ya'll.

Anonymous said...

Invasion of the Body Snatchers; or, global warming. And that's my final two guesses.

Bike Bubba said...

Gino, if 'ol Pat were really talking to the Almighty, don't ya think he'd get His story right more often? Say some of those prophecies would come to pass?

Law Fairy said...

I can't speak to Pat's motivations, but I can say, as someone who does unflinchingly support gay rights and a woman's right to choose, that Giuliani's support for our causes has been lukewarm at best. It's definitely not "unflinching."

Gino said...

ok, how bout 'unflinching for a republican'?